Sunday, January 24, 2016

January Cleanout

My last post was December 25th.  Since then we have taken two trips and I have spent any spare time in my studio cleaning out and reorganizing.  It's my "January Thing".  Maybe it's my midwest roots . .
there I used snow days in January to clean out closets and drawers.  It's a habit that's been internalized and migrated with me to the southwest.

One of my goals was to channel Jennifer McGuire and get my clear stamps in order so I could more easily find them.  This is her method using report covers bought on sale and cut into dividers for my boxes of acrylic stamps.  Of course my label maker has been very busy!
I also tackled getting my dies organized.  This fixture came from my favorite AZ scrapbook store when it closed.  The bookcase rotates and has two sides of shelves.   I am slowly getting my dies repackaged into Ellen Hutson clear envelopes with magnetic inserts.   As I continue to do that there will be lots of room on these shelves to accommodate my growing collection of dies.

Thanks to Jennifer McGuire I found these storage containers that hold my background stamps.
I love having them out where I can see them and will use them more.

I've rediscovered some old favorite stamps and found some which have never had ink on them.
It's time to get to work on some Valentines and hopefully some scrapbooking as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment