Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Leaf Layering with Metallic Embossing Powder

Simon Says Monday Challenge is to use powders . . .  this time I used metallic embossing powder.
Jennifer McGuire has a video showing this Stamptember leaf layering set from Altenew using metallic embossing powder.  I changed the design and added a border stamp from Judikins and sentiment from Hero Arts.  The gold stripe is done with double sided tape and gold embossing powder.  There is a faint background of Versa Mark leaves.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fairy Color Wheel

                   Simon Says Monday Challenge is to use powder . . .  I used Color Burst.
My granddaughter proudly showed me the color wheel she had painted in her first grade class.
She accurately explained the color wheel and mixing primary colors.  (Yes, she's my crafty girl!)

I made this card for her to show how much I love what she is learning.  The color wheel is made with Color Burst on water color paper.  The fairies are from Avery Elle.  The sentiment is cut from my Cricut.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Altenew Academy Lesson 5

It's an overcast day, perfect for some Copic coloring.  Lesson #5 is all about pastel coloring . . .  a challenge for me.  It's about pale colors and white edges.
I stamped just the outline flower and leaf from Beautiful Day in the lighter color of Altenew pink and green inks.  Then I colored in the images with Copic markers.
The background is the Beautiful Day leaf gold embossed.
I used gold Stickles and gold twine to continue with the gold color on the card.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

It's been almost 6 weeks since my shoulder-replacement surgery.  I have been so dependent and so indebted to my friends, my family and especially my husband for helping me through this.  I can't drive or even fasten my own seat belt!  I'm a one-armed disaster in the kitchen!  I have cabin fever and need to be around people.  So this card is for those who have driven me, given me food, come to help me with my stamp room, given me books, cards and called to check on me.
Pattern Paper and Dies by Lawn Fawn
Critters by Simon Says Stamp and MFT

Thursday, September 22, 2016

My Stamp Storage Solution Part II

The laminated card with the stamps adhered to the back are then placed in the Ellen Hutson Storage Envelope .  I used my Brother Label Maker to put the category at the top of the envelope.
As shown by Jennifer McGuire, I made dividers from plastic coated report covers (purchased at Walmart's August school supply sale) and labeled them with the various categories.  Then dividers and envelopes were placed in plastic refrigerator storage boxes.

I could not have done this without the help of Jan Woods and her two good arms.
I hope to tackle my other stamps once I am totally healed and strong again.  Both the healing and doing my other stamps will be a long, slow process!

My Stamp Storage Solution

I am in week 5 of recovering from shoulder replacement surgery.  I am still in a sling and cannot drive.  With a lot of time at home I decided to begin removing the rubber from my wood mounted stamps.  Initially my goal is to just tackle my sentiment stamps.
I watched many YouTube videos and combined several different people's ideas to create my own storage solution.
1)  First I organized my stamps in groups approximately the size of an Ellen Hutson Storage Envelope.  They are 5 1/2 x 7 3/8.  After doing some research I selected theses because they are of a nice heavy plastic and have a tuck flap.
2)  I removed the rubber from the wood.  Sometimes it pulls off very easily.  Sometimes I put the stubborn ones in the microwave for 15 seconds then they pulled off easily.  Occasionally the rubber pulled off the backing and I had to remount the bare rubber on Cling Foam from Crafters Companion.  This can be cut with Tim Holtz Tonic Scissors or cut like butter with a HotKnife which is an electric Xacto knife.
I made laminated sheets to fit the Ellen Hutson Storage envelopes with  white cardstock and my Purple Cow Laminator purchased at Costco.  Most of the stamps would cling right to it.
Sometimes I needed to put a thin, smooth layer of Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over to the foam to reactive the stickiness on older stamps.
On the front side of the card I used Staz On ink to stamp each of the sentiments.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Explosion Box

I had shoulder replacement surgery in August.  Still wearing a sling so my cards are being done mostly with one hand.
Explosion boxes were taught at my Paper Crafters' club.  This was my first explosion box!  I will be making many more, especially when I have two hands to work with!